Things we have in common
Some nice things we probably have in common
- We want our work to make a difference. It's not just about money. Although money is really nice.
- You'd rather work with people who *get you*... who don't put you in a box. Conforming isn't your thing.
- This is a no judgment zone. Maybe you slip Grand Marnier into your coffee on Sunday mornings, but that's ok because I eat whole containers of Haagan Dazs in one sitting.
- We like pretty workspaces. And fancy notebooks. And wine bottles with gorgeous labels.
- We get restless if things get too status quo. Change is all part of the adventure. Bring it on babe.
Some random things most people don't know about me
- If I won the lottery, I'd open a cat shelter. I'd build a wall to wall designer jungle gym and private suites for each cat.
- I've worked for myself almost my whole life, since age 18. I really don't like bosses much. Or rules.
- When I was 37, I met a charming man 11 years younger than me, packed up my life and my business and moved to Ireland for him. It was exciting, romantic, and disastrous, ended dramatically, and messed me up for years. Spontaneity has its curveballs.
- I smuggled my cats to Ireland through four European borders and the channel tunnel. It was very illegal. But who would leave their cats in quarantine for six months (#@$%^ archaic Irish law written in 1926!).
- I insist on work being fun. Here's an example. Otherwise, what's the point of being your own boss? I can help you with this : )